May 2020 Objectives
Men’s Health Issues -
1) Describe trends in men’s health
2) Discuss screening recommendations for men
3) Devise care plans to improve men’s overall health
Sports Injuries -
1) Discuss common sports injuries seen in the primary care setting
2) Review the recommended treatments for sports injuries in primary care
3) Review how to know when referral to a specialist is necessary
Negotiating Higher Salaries -
Nancy Plemmons, FNP-
1) Review salary and benefit summary based on NP demographics
2) Discuss Interview/Performance Reviews/Salary Negotiations from Employer Perspective
3) Discuss 3 skills needed to successfully negotiate benefits with the end goal in mind
OTC Meds -
1) Discuss current OTC medication recommendations for specific conditions (i.e, GERD, Cough and Cold, Topicals, etc)
2) Discuss the process for how a medication gets OTC status. 3) Discuss the efficacy and side effects of select OTC medications.
3) Discuss the efficacy and side effects of select OTC medications
Pulmonary Issues -
1) Describe the burden of COPD.
2) Discuss the diagnosis of COPD.
3) Devise a treatment plan for the patient with COPD.
1) Review the diagnostic criteria for OCD
2) Discuss the spectrum of OCD symptoms
3) List common treatments for OCD
1) Distinguish between a 213 & 214 code
2) Discuss when and how to use modifiers
3) Review the importance of and how to utilize basic coding
The Endothelium -
1. Describe the endothelium and its importance
2. Explain “Free Radicals” and their effect on the endothelium
3. Review the effect on nitrites and nitric oxide on the endothelium
4. Describe natural interventions to promote a healthy endothelium.
Pharmcology Update -
1) Discuss the safety of new medications introduced into the market
2) Discuss the tolerability of new medications introduced in the market: Tolerability
3) Discuss the efficacy of new medications introduced in to the market
4) Discuss the price and simplicity of new medications introduced into the market
5) Discuss new formulation introduced into the market
Suturing Workshop -
Sonya Burke Williams, FNP & Beth Burnette, FNP-
1) Review the history that should be obtained prior to the closing a wound
2) Discuss anesthetics that can be used before suturing
3) Explain different suture material and techniques for wound closure
4) Demonstrate a proficiency in a variety of suturing techniques
Transgender Issues -
2. Identify personal, familial and cultural barriers to gender transition
3. Recognize barriers to medical care for transgender people, and implementation strategies for their removal.
4. Elucidate physical and physiologic issues that may interfere with transition-
5. Eliminate discomfort and attain efficacy in discussing issues of sexuality and transition with transgender patients.
6. Discuss what is known and not known about the state of being transgender and its possible causes.
7. Utilize an enhanced understanding of terminology surrounding transgender issues including issues of names and pronouns.
8. Pinpoint psychological stresses and social forces that have a serious impact on the lives of transgender persons.
9. Access a fundamental understanding of treatment for transition-
CBD Oil Open Forum -
1. Describe CBD oil and the differentiation between CBD oil and marijuana
2. Brief review of CBD oil research in regard to its use in human and veterinary medicine
3. Discuss areas of consideration when purchasing CBD oil.