Lecture 02 -
1) Discuss common sports injuries seen in the primary care setting
2) Review the recommended treatments for sports injuries in primary care
3) Review how to know when referral to a specialist is necessary
Lecture 03 -
1) Review salary and benefit summary based on NP demographics
2) Discuss Interview/Performance Reviews/Salary Negotiations from Employer Perspective
3) Discuss 3 skills needed to successfully negotiate benefits with the end goal in mind
Lecture 04 – 10/15/2020 -
1) Identify three knowledge deficient related to suicide prevention.
2) Discuss three reasons why there is a discomfort associated with talking about suicide and suicide prevention.
3) Identify three misconceptions and misunderstandings about suicide and suicide prevention.
4) Describe at least 10 ways to help with suicide prevention.
5) Review current suicide trends, protective factors, risk factors, and other statistics.
Lecture 05 – 10/15/2020 -
1) Describe trends in men’s health
2) Discuss screening recommendations for men
3) Devise care plans to improve men’s overall health
Lecture 05 – 10/16/20 -
1) Discuss current OTC medication recommendations for specific conditions (i.e., GERD, Cough and Cold, Topicals, etc)
2) Discuss the process for how a medication gets OTC status.
3) Discuss the efficacy and side effects of select OTC medication
Lecture 07 – 10/16/2020 -
1) Describe the burden of COPD.
2) Discuss the diagnosis of COPD.
3) Devise a treatment plan for the patient with COPD.
Lecture 08 – 10/16/2020 -
1) Distinguish between a 213 & 214 code
2) Discuss when and how to use modifiers
3) Review the importance of and how to utilize basic coding
Lecture #9 -
1) Review the diagnostic criteria for OCD
2) Discuss the spectrum of OCD symptoms
3) List common treatments for OCD
Lecture #10 -
1) Define telomeres and telomerase to include their functions
2) Explain the importance of telomere length
3) Discuss the relationship between telomeres and cancer
4) Enlighten on how heath care provides could impact telomere health.
Lecture #11 -
1) Discuss the safety of new medications introduced into the market.
2) Discuss the tolerability of new medications introduced in the market: Tolerability.
3) Discuss the efficacy of new medications introduced in to the market.
4) Discuss the price and simplicity of new medications introduced into the market.
5) Discuss new formulation introduced into the market.
1) Review the history that should be obtained prior to the closing a wound
2) Discuss anesthetics that can be used before suturing
3) Explain different suture material and techniques for wound closure
4) Demonstrate proficiency in a variety of suturing techniques
Lecture 01 – 10/15/2020 -
1) Describe three knowledge deficients related to endometriosis and how it impacts individuals that have this disease.
2) Identify three ways endometriosis impacts an individual’s total body (especially their mental health).
3) Describe three ways to improve participants' ability to assess for endometriosis (i.e. questions they can discuss with their patients,
how to educate patients, patients’ families, and other health care providers on endometriosis).